If you are looking for an part qualified Accountant role within a manufacturing business, utilising your abilities in analysis and continuous improvement to enhance business performance, then look no further. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager and will suit those who are confident in communicating financial models.
Our client is a leading FMCG brand in the midlands with sites across the UK, but operations across the globe. They are currently forecasting growth whilst venturing into new areas of the market. This Site Accountant will be based at the Derby site and will work in a small finance team, but have contact across the majority of departments at the site.
As a Site Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Operational financial analysis;
- Timely preparation and analysis of financial information and KPIs;
- Representing finance at daily review meetings, which requires preparation of a daily review of material variances. This will involves working closely with the GM & Ops manager to ensure products are produced in line with stated yields;
- Preparation of detailed Gross margin analysis and comparing against forecast and previous weeks, identifying opportunities for improvement. As well as reviewing and analysing weekly P&L for variances to forecast and budget;
- Maintain and develop systems which ensure standard costs are adhered to across the site, and use these to drive successful & profitable trading & product development decisions;
- Prepare Budgets & Forecasts for the site, in particular focusing on factory deficiencies, overhead spend and labour usage;
- Support the Finance Manager with commercial analysis to help the trading team make the correct business decisions.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with sound presentation skills. You will have a background in financial analysis, preferably with manufacturing knowledge. You will have strong excel skills to effectively communicate your financial analysis to operations staff and be able to assist in the implementation of ideas.
This position will require travel across different sites and there a driving license will be necessary.
Our client is offering a competitive salary alongside the potential for study support for those who are nearly qualified. You will also receive a benefits package unique to the company.