Technical Business Analyst
Position Summary: The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements. The Technical Business Analyst will also be responsible for writing technical specifications (for custom development, system integration, etc.) based on interactions directly with the VP of Product and lead systems architect. These specifications will need to be precise and clear as the Technical Business Analyst will delegate some work to fellow team members such as developers and quality assurance. Ideally the Technical Business Analyst is engaged in best practice development initiatives, provides thoughtful leadership, and familiarity with proven SDLC processes.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions:
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non–Technical team members
- Define requirements for the EVO Snap* platform and technical products/initiatives
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Story writing including conditions of satisfaction
- Validation with Product Managers of the stories defined
- Lead the creation of designs with Product Management input
- Work closely with engineers and testers to ensure the product to be built actually gets built by
- Backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization
- Review, comment, follow–up and target defects and enhancement requests
- Participate in customer meetings with Product Management to get a better understanding of Customer Ideas/Issues
- Write sample integration code for our APIs that customers will consume
- Create customer–facing product documentation
- BA/BS degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering Technical Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate with architects and technical leaders to understand technology/technical–related choices and create related stories
- Experience defining requirements for development and delivering APIs and services
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non–technical
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Knowledge of Agile practices preferred
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience with TFS a plus
- Previous Technical Writing experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast–paced environment with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
- Must be able to pass background and credit checks.