A career at Covance provides our employees the unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and difference in our patient's lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in an energetic & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and a vast array of career options, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. As a Covance employee, your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
We are currently hiring a Business Analysts for our offices in San Diego, CA, Greenfield, IN, and Gaithersburg, MD.
Our successful Business Analysts are passionate about finding answers and solutions. While they abhor reinventing wheels, they are also constantly looking for better ways to do things. Our SBAs and BAs are a tight–knit group who love to brainstorm and share ideas, push each other to ever higher standards, and have each other's backs. They are self–motivated, high–energy individuals and team members who understand the importance of managing all the details, asking the right questions, and making things happen. They are solution–oriented go–getters who thrive in constant change and are always looking for the next challenge.
If this excites you, this is your opportunity to have an exciting career and make a positive impact on people's lives.
- Support strategic, process improvement, and change management initiatives
- Drive solution identification, development, design, and deployment leveraging industry–recognized standards such as IIBA?? and through research, client interface, and other fact–finding activities.
- Evaluate alternative business process and technology solutions, and participates in making functional or technology recommendations to enhance business operations.
- Lead the development of business processes and priorities, business requirements, functional designs, process maps, user test plans, and training materials associated with business process and technology solutions.
- Work collaboratively with peers in PMO and other stakeholders including corporate functions, business unit functions, client contacts, and client vendors, as appropriate, to coordinate the overall delivery of functional and technology solutions to business groups.
- Utilize project management processes and tools to facilitate the delivery of solutions.
- Develop strong working knowledge of the industry, our clients, and innovative trends to support continuous improvement.
- Translate information as necessary to ensure alignment and communication across various audiences including junior operational staff to technical developers to executive sponsors.
- Manage and mentor business analysts and other staff in the above competencies.
Degree or equivalent in business discipline.
At least 3 – 5 years of successful business analysis experience, with at least 3 of those years working in technology departmentExperience
At least 3 – 5 years of successful business analysis experience, with at least 3 of those years working in technology department.
- Working knowledge of CRM/BPM deployment and maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand business processes and translate into technical specifications.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Client–focused approach with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of system development life cycle concepts
- Ability to provide cost estimates on project tasks
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.