Bedford based engineering company with great growth potential are in need of a credit controller with some experience of collecting debt and proactively reducing payment queries
My Bedford based client have grown significantly to become the world leaders in the supply of engineering and manufacturing services for their specialised field. They now have an exciting opportunity available for a credit controller to join their finance team based in Bedford in order to maximise the collections for the group and ensure accurate finance administration for income
Credit Controller Job Description
- Minimise the cash collection gap between provision of service and the time when the cash is received into the bank account.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers
- Ensure that all disputes or customer issues are followed up promptly with internal staff to ensure payments are not delayed - seek managerial help if actions not forthcoming
- Ensure all accounts and records are kept up-to-date and cash/credits are properly allocated
- Approve, set and monitor credit limits with customers based on credit agency information and/or in conjunction with group credit control
- Provide sales with information/help as necessary to ensure that they are aware of credit limits, goods not sent, or services performed without due credit authorisation first
- Liaise with sales people as necessary and/or from other sources (e.g. business sections in papers) to find out what is happening in the industry to head off any risks before they arise i.e. be business aware of what is going on.
- Ensure all customer records are kept up-to-date and is in line with company policy and DPA
- Providing all reporting information as may be require by local management or group
- Undertake any other activities that may be reasonably required in the furtherance of the company's business.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Independent, organised and pro-active
- Maintain relationships with customers
Qualifications and experience
- Prior credit controller experience
- Strong IT skills for communication, documentation and ensuring adequate record keeping
- Experience of dealing with Customers
Great career opportunity for a credit controller to really make a mark on a company and with flexibility on offer for the right individual