This role is highly commercial, covering corporate finance responsibilities, such as negotiating deals and re-financing, setting up processes, presenting to the group at board level & effectively building a business from scratch. Under new private equity backed investors, this individual will grow their own function and strategically plan for ambitious growth plans.
My client is an award winning hospitality brand, renowned for offering fantastic career progression and developing their staff through their E-learning platform. My client manages a range of hotels across 5 prestigious brands, and have a varied portfolio of assets and brands operating in key urban and regional locations throughout the UK, primarily within the mid-market sector. My client is broad to boast a culture that nurtures talent, through actively recognising and rewarding high performance, commitment & engagement. They are able to offer flexibility and autonomy for the successful candidate.
- Liaising with the Corporate Finance team regarding the establishment and agreeing deal structures as required.
- Implementing and executing the agreed deal structures
- Maintenance of banking structures and relationships with Financiers transactional teams.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required by financiers from time-to-time.
- Managing financial covenant reporting as required in line with the agreed scope and timelines
- Supporting with the development and execution of the Group's taxation strategy
- Managing and providing recommendations to the Board for the overall strategic direction of the group's tax, and manage the implementation and execution of these strategies through the day to day activities and processes of the business.
- Managing the process of capturing and maximising Capital Allowances across the business
- Ensuring returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant registrations are complied with.
- Managing the business taxation responsibilities in areas such as P11D's and PSA reporting.
Working with the MD and to effectively manage, motivate and develop the Finance department.
- Supervising and reviewing the performance of direct reports, including the execution of the company-wide performance management protocols.
- Implementing any change of management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where necessary.
Overseeing Accounts Preparation:
- Producing statutory accounts for the group when required, in line with the relevant accounting principles and legislation.
- Providing, coordinating and managing information of relevant and timely financial information to the Main Board for the assessment of the group's current strategy and objectives.
- Ensuring the preparation of monthly management accounts reports and assuming responsibility for all journals and final balances.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, CIMA, ACCA) with significant PQE
- Master degree qualification (desired)
- Knowledge of the hospitality or leisure industry (preferred)
- Working knowledge of operating in a multi-disciplinary Exec team or similar
- Big 4 accountancy background (preferred)
- Working knowledge across Corporate Finance & Taxation
- Working knowledge across a "Group" environment
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Influential and motivational leadership capability.
- Strong operational management awareness.
- Ability to drive and implement successful change both local and group led.
- High level of integrity with a commitment to embedding a strong governance culture.
- High levels of organisational awareness and curiosity.
- Strong coaching, mentoring and performance management capability.
- Strong project management skills gained in fast-paced and growth business environments
- Able to understand and implement finance and operational processes and systems as required
- Working knowledge negotiating contracts
- Working knowledge of leading transactions ie Acquisitions or Disposals
Sitting on the newly formed board, the successful Finance Director will be rewarded with the following exceptional package;
- Salary range £100,000 - £150,000
- Circa 40-50% discretionary bonus
- Pension: Matched contributions of up to 10%
- Annual leave: 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- Life Assurance: 4 x annual salary
- Private Health Insurance: Preferential rates are offered to join BUPA Health Insurance.
- A proposal has been put forward for an LTIP (TBC)
This individual can be based full time in Glasgow, or alternatively my client is able to create a flexible working arrangement for 3 days in Glasgow, 2 days in London or Dublin (dependent on candidate location).