Lean Business Analyst
The primary purpose of this role is to provide strategic and actionable insight for the UK Manufacturing Management team through self–service & predictive analysis impacting the core KPI's (Quality, Cost, Delivery) and also other factors that influence the business performance.
My client is a technologically manufacturing business. With a number of operational sites across the UK and Europe it has a diversified product base which helped build a number of different value streams within the business.
My client is looking for an individual who can work alongside Production, Supply Chain, Finance and the IT teams to help analyse opportunities to increase Labour & Material efficiency through data–driven decision making. This role will also require a good understanding of the flow of products & material and how these can be better utilised to improve overall business yield and value.
The ideal candidate should be able to identify and implement real–time management dashboards that suit business needs. Should also be able to roll out Statistical Process Control to enable predictive analysis.
- Own the design, development and management of data through a structured methodology
- Provide data–driven insight to support the decision making for the Manufacturing teams.
- Translating the data into actionable insight: eg: drawing actionable insights and explaining in a tailored way to your audience
- Gathering and analysing data from different source: eg: data extraction, data transformation, data manipulation
- Conduct complex queries on our database to prove/disprove hypotheses within the Manufacturing environment
- Analyse Production performance and provide suggestions to improve Capacity, Yield & Efficiency
- Challenge and improve existing processes and metrics
- Review and interpret automated reporting, giving insight to rest of the team
- Define new automated reports required, and work with reporting team to automate them
- Work collaboratively with another business unit to develop common approach and share learnings and insight
- Introduce predictive modelling of Production data to the manufacturing team
This role will report into the Head of Continuous Improvement & will work very closely with other parts of the organisation including Production, Supply Chain, Finance and the IT. The key responsibilities include:
- Highly analytical with good understanding of manufacturing and excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast–paced environment
- Strong co–ordination & communication skills
- Ready to build, develop & mentor a team
- Advance database interrogation & programming skills (relational database, advance select queries, indexes and constraints)
- Advance/intermediate hands–on experience in creating real–time dashboards using PHP, HTML, SQL or similar tools
- Advance MS Excel (Index, Match, VBA, Macro, Power Pivot, Solver, Simulations, complex formulas), understanding SPC, 'R', Python
GBP32,000 – GBP36,000 DOE plus an excellent package, benefits & opportunity.