Business Analyst I
Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000–route–mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000–route–mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
Under regular supervision, analyze business plans of lesser complexity. Responsible for conducting or assisting in the documentation of simple to moderate financial analysis projects for the group/division/department. Perform
technical analysis to determine present and future group/division/department performance. Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize group/division/department financial data, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Resolve questions associated with systems, applications, process, and project management.
- Responsible for conducting or assisting in the documentation of simple to moderate business analysis projects under direct supervision.
- Work with other team members and subject matter experts to resolve certain questions that are received.
- Responsible for understanding source data structures and models, producing raw data, data mining, data compilation, completing a variety of analyses (many times using disparate data sources), and creating effective presentations to answer the complex questions posed by the business.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Minimum 2–years of experience in business, finance, management or related field.
- Solid understanding of a technology discipline and is proactive in seeking out learning opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem–solving skills and ability to methodically work through complex issues.
- Excellent ability to effectively generate cross–departmental cooperation between operational groups, business product units, process and systems professionals.
- Exceptional ability to develop successful relationships at all levels in a professional, diligent and courteous manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Conduct detailed data analysis and develops reports.
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel with Analysis Toolpack functions, pivot and chart wizards; PowerPoint; Word; Access; Project) and other reporting and data analysis tools.
- Must be able to create and use complex formulas to work with the data.
- Ability to estimate levels of effort for requests (analysis, design, development) and be able to effectively articulate benefits and risks.
- Work as a team player within the department and across other organizations.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
Education and Experience
– Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
– Field Of Study: Business, Finance, Management or related field
– Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
– Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US–Colorado–Broomfield
Requisition # : 175329
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.