A SME Finance Controller opportunity has arisen with a well established competitive wholesale business based in Enfield, North London.
The client is an award winning wholesale/retail organisation which established 15 years ago. The business operates across Europe, Africa and the Middle East and their UK operation is based towards Enfield, North London. The company currently turnover £50m but have a 3 year plan to grow the company to £120.
The owner of this family owned business is making changes to drive profitability and has recently hired a new Managing Director to help support this change and the management team. This vacancy is with the view to support the senior team and help driving support from a finance perspective.
Over the course of this year the owner will be investing in the region of £200,000 to redevelop the offices and car park, and they have also recently re-branded their logo and will be investing in new signage above the warehouse.
- Prepare Group long-term forecast and budget reports for key decision makers including board director, CEO, summarising business plans and key risk and opportunities to the full year budget
- Assisting key decision makers with all necessary financial reporting and ensuring accounting records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparation & review of the UK Group monthly management report and all related analysis
- Group Accounting for all acquisitions and disposals
- Preparation of the group overhead expenditure monthly management reporting including related analysis and commentary, to support the effective management of expenditure by senior managers
- Preparation of compliance requirements for Group entities
- Review, approval and processing of entities purchase orders, invoices, and employee cash expenses for payment in accordance with budget approval and Financial Policies and procedures
- Lead a team and deliver significant improvements on staff progression and performance through restructuring the account department.
- Own the integrity of the company stock loss P&L and balance sheet
- Develop methodology and financial models to build the stock loss budget/forecasts down to store level
- Further develop the quality of analysis of stock Loss, in order to better understand financial and non-financial performance across the stores, including the identification and tracking of relevant KPIs
- Working closely with the trading team to drive improvements in stock reporting in complex areas
- Contribute to the development, implementation and communication of methods and timelines
- Implement process improvement around ERP system "Swords"
- Working with external suppliers regarding orders and stock
- Driving down costs in various areas of the business
- Demonstrated experience in food wholesale or retail industry, especially with stock management
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA qualification or equivalent
- Strong financial modelling skills and involved with new system implementation. Experience with "Swords" will be beneficial but not a requirement
- Pro-active and drives the agenda while supporting the businesses vision
- High level of self-organisation and demonstrated personal responsibility
- Strong communication skills and confidence to deal with all different stake holders including suppliers, senior management team and overseas colleagues.
- Attention to detail and high degree of customer focus
- FMCG or retail experience desirable but not a must have.
The client is looking to pay in the region of £60,000- £70,000 depending on the candidates experience.