About the Position
This position is responsible for full cycle payroll of the Reservoir Group operations in a multi–state and global environment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the bi–weekly payroll of approximately 600 to 1000 hourly, salary and contract employees. The individual will work closely with Human Resources and Finance as well as field operations.
- Manage the day to day duties of the Payroll staff.
- Oversee the management of the ADP Workforce payroll system;
- Reviews payroll preview reports during bi–weekly payroll;
- Validates payroll general ledger entries and reconciles payroll general ledger accounts as required;
- Maintains and oversees the development of system general ledger interfaces;
- Ensures and maintains SOX 404 compliance;
- Works with external auditors to ensure successful audits;
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with outside vendors, including ADP and Lockton;
- Champions payroll–related projects;
- Leads and supports all projects and initiatives directed by management;
- Ensures timely and accurate entry and processing of garnishments, liens, benefit and union contributions, and other payroll deductions;
- Approves appropriate payments of deducted amounts to the payees;
- Reviews quarterly payroll related tax returns, monitors SUI rate and any state updates. Handles all tax inquiries and penalties items;
- Partners with Human Resources as required for information requests, special projects, and compliance activities;
- Ensures compilation and preparation of payroll data for various reporting functions such as 401K, health insurance, etc.;
- Serves as system coordinator for Reservoir Group's time keeping system;
- Ensures accurate compliance with FLSA and state wage requirements;
- Approves all manual checks;
- Directs preparation of government reporting for DOL, SSA, IRS and state or local agencies;
- Interprets company policies and government regulations to properly impact payroll procedures and system processes;
- Manages quarterly and year–end tax process including tax adjustments, W–2 issuance, etc.;
- Remains current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforces adherence to requirements and advises management on required actions;
- Oversees and coordinates with Reservoir Group banks to ensure that pay transactions are made according to schedule.
- Develops and manages internal controls and privacy procedures to ensure confidentiality for all employee information;
- Oversee the development of GL account files for distribution to the various finance departments;
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Reviews payroll reports to ensure accuracy and distributes payroll checks.
- Communicate professionally with Company employees and executive management on payroll issues and notifications.
- Ability to be self–sufficient and make independent decisions.
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all Reservoir Group health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a person to sit up to 8 hours per day.
- This position requires a person to see and interpret data on a computer monitor for up to 8 hours per day.
- This position requires manual dexterity for data entry.
The ideal candidate would have (list the education, professional designations required for the job):
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field preferred;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in payroll;
- 3+ years' experience in payroll management;
- Working knowledge of ADP processes and related systems required;
- Kronos experience a plus;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to changing, fast paced environment;
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook, MS Access and Word;
- Experience in multi–national organization a plus;
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) credential preferred.