Our client is actively seeking a talented Business Analyst II to work at their location in Kansas City, MO. This is a ten month contract.
This position designs, manages and leads efforts related to e–business products and services such as customer website portals, outbound email, text communications and other customer self–service applications. The incumbent should be a subject matter expert in user experience and user interface design practices and is responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of best practices in this area and employing that knowledge to improve Company systems and offerings. This involves regular and close interaction with IT staff. The position also supports and collaborates with other areas, especially those that have direct customer contact such as Marketing & Public Affairs and Customer Service.
?? With general supervision, analyze and document business needs and requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the design, testing, and implementation of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Provide end user support of production systems and new technologies.
- Provide day–to–day production system support to end users of assigned business unit Investigate initial reports of production application outage or instability, address to appropriate technical team for resolution
- Maintain basic application configuration in applications related to assigned business unit
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements
- Provide business function overview training to IT analysts
- Coordinate with business/functional users and IT technical analysts to implement new systems or system modifications, including but not limited to:
- Define, translate and simplify business requirements
- Document business rules and impacted processes or systems
- Document functional specifications
- Assist in developing test plans with the assigned business unit
- Coordinate and execute testing
- Collaborate to produce project documentation
- Participate in implementation planning
- Support training end users of assigned business unit
- Provide leadership and guidance in user experience design and practices.
- Develop and maintain process documentation and monitor and report on status and results of relevant projects, campaigns, programs and services.
- Support software development process through development of test cases and guiding user acceptance testing and other QA activities.
- Expertise in standard concepts, best practices and company procedures related to the assigned business function
- Knowledge of technology applications used in assigned business function
- Understand and recognize when business practices can be improved through technology
- Effective written and oral communication skill, problem solving and decision making
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office; Outlook, Word and Excel including basic formulas and editing to track and report project status and other data
- Maintain effective cooperative relationships with both end users and IT analysts
- Planning skills to coordinate and complete small projects on time and on budget Manage time effectively while assuring attention to details
- Make sound decisions with general guidance
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years business analyst experience OR 4 years of business analyst experience
Prior experience with eServices (Internet based services) in an Analyst Capacity. 4–5 years' experience required
Experience using web analytics and web content management software, such as Google Analytics or Sitecore or other. 0–3 years' experience required
Experience with prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Balsamiq) 4–5 years' experience required
Proficient with all Microsoft Products. 6–8 years' experience required
Experience with digital design, web design or other activities leading to the development of user interfaces or services involving electronic services used by customers or other end users. 4–5 years' experience requiredCompany Description Meet APC
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Inc. (APC), is an award–winning, ISO 9001:2008 certified business in operation since 1993. Its focus is finding & placing top IT, engineering, energy, and other highly skilled talent. Additionally, APC offers a full suite of contract labor–related business solutions for mid– to large–sized companies. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, the Native American–owned company has satellite offices throughout the US, with Professionals currently engaged on assignments in 38 US states and six countries abroad.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.