Technical Business Analyst
We are launching a new FinTech company in the mortgage space created as a joint venture between Blenheim Chalcot (BC), the UK's leading venture builder and a FTSE250 financial services business.
Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. Its portfolio of companies has sales of over GBP300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of building over 40 companies across financial services, IT services and outsourcing, education, software, sport and media.
Blenheim Chalcot has pioneered fintech innovation in personal finance, consumer and B2B lending and payments with businesses such as Clearscore, Salary Finance, Liberis and Modulr and is now turning its attention to mortgages, building a business that will transform the industry for the better.
We believe that the combination of Blenheim Chalcot's venture building expertise, the deep sector knowledge and market access of a FTSE 250 financial services business and the significant funding we have raised will allow us to scale rapidly and have a big impact on an exciting industry.
Our growing team is led by Dan Cobley, former MD of Google UK and brings together world class designers, developers, data scientists, financial services experts and business builders.Skills Data, Metrics, translating analysis Sectors Key Responsibilities
- Analyse and convert user requirements from the product team (UX, UI and workflow) into technical requirements and granular level tickets for developers to develop against
- Act as a Scrum Master for a delivery team, by: facilitating meetings and ceremonies (workshops, retrospectives, showcases and inceptions), removing blockers, managing WIP, fostering continuous improvement and keeping the team highly motivated
- Work closely with the product team to deliver the required product roadmap, and ensure requirements meet user requirements
- Develop test scripts and test scenarios
- Develop API specifications to integrate operational systems to best of breed platforms
- Demonstrated experience in backlog grooming, User Story development and prioritization
- Experience of translating UX and workflow requirements into functional user stories and development tickets
- Strong level of technical understanding to ensure understanding and business value and implications of the team's technical deliverables
- Experience with requirements and test management tools to support Agile development activities (Atlassian JIRA preferred)
- Experience of managing projects and development sprints using Agile techniques
- Experience of SCRUM (desirable but not essential)
- SQL skills
- Worked within a software delivery environment as a business analyst, or have a technical (systems/development) background
- Keen attention to detail, passionate about quality, loves collaboration and has a problem–solving mind–set
- Able to prioritise work activities and identify risks to quality or timelines
- Enjoys working in a small and growing team
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self–starters with a can–do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you'll fit right in!
Our London team is located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five–storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation–focused, high–growth companies – all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over GBP300M.