Risk, Assurance and Safety Manager - Southampton
Risk and Assurance and Safety role at an expanding global travel company who specialise in the cruise industry.
- Our client is currently undergoing an exciting transformation. This global organization are relocation their finance offices due to a huge expansion in its cruise line offerings as well as an increase in its' number of ships.
- With the amount of change going on within this organisation, the safety culture ashore and afloat is a crucial aspect of change; this role will lead its development and implementation.
- This business has been in existence for over 60 years and now employs over 20,000 employees nationwide. They are most known for their work in the travel and cruise industry but are also the UK's leading provider of financial services, holiday and healthcare products.
The role requires a high level of technical knowledge of and commitment to risk and safety management in the marine environment. It requires leadership skills that can operate across lines of authority in order to deliver. You will need deep specialist knowledge and broad interpersonal skills to influence and inspire improvement.
You will be required to:
- Lead the design and implementation of the Assurance Framework reporting to the Framework Sponsor.
- Lead the planning, preparation and delivery of each OAV and follow on visits including assembly, briefing and management of the OAV team drawn from Operations specialists.
- Produce and deliver OAV reports and track performance improvement.
- Lead quarterly Risk Register review with Risk Owners and report findings to the Risk Committee.
- Lead the development of the Safety Culture
- Lead investigations as required by the RES Director or CEO
- Provide advice, guidance and function leadership for risk management policy, processes and compliance
- Act as secretariat for the Safety and Risk Committees, leading on production of Committee and Board reports.
- Identify risk and safety management improvements and recommendations.
- Act as a subject matter expert for customer safety requirements.
- Contribute to Beyond Compliance and other improvement programmes, leading projects where appropriate.
- Manage the training budget.
- Lead on Cadet training programme in liaison with the Fleet HR Officer
- ACA/ACCA/CIIA/MIIA/CIMA Qualified
- Ship's Safety Officer Certificate or Designated Person Ashore training
- Marine and cruise industry experience preferably as a seafarer and/or auditing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the International Safety Management Code (ISM)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Code of Safe Working Practice for Seafarers (COSWOP)
- Good working knowledge of the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
- Good working knowledge of MARPOL regulations.
- Effective knowledge of budget management and financial planning.
- Ability to lead collaboratively and without line authority by positively influencing and inspiring peers.
- Attention to detail
- Inquisitive and proactive; constantly seeking improvement
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation ashore and on board.
- £45k-£47k + £5k car + 10% bonus + 16% pension
- Risk exposure
- Safety Assurance
- Business change & implementation
- Role travel
- Value adding role
- Travel industry
- Marine industry
- Managerial role