Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant/Finance Administrator
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Stanlow, Cheshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 2nd February 2018
The Company is the UK's leading waste–to–energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Finance Assistant to support the Stanlow Management Accountant in completing robust analysis reporting on the key commercial and operational drivers of the business and to prepare relevant and insightful management information of this basis.
You'll be required to assist with reporting on the financial impact of existing business practices and processes and to undertake analysis on the financial impact of new and potential new developments in the business and other ad hoc finance support as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area of focus to include support on the below:
- To support the management accountant to understand, control, manage and monitor the Stanlow entity accounting with particular focus on commercial and operational finance management, including control, analysis and reporting
- Distribution of KPI reports and analysis
- Assisting in the preparation of production reporting for the three parts of the site (Pre Treatment Plant "PTP", Biodiesel Refinery "BDR" and Processed Oil Plant "POP")
- Raw material and feedstock/input costs (current and new opportunities) and assisting with new bids and tenders
- To aid the continued development of production cost reporting for the three parts of the site
- Performing analysis on key cost streams (for examply Haulage, Utilities, Chemicals, R&M, Production)
- Support the control and management of stock – monitor stock movement and analyse cost savings
- Monthly inventory counts, providing detailed analysis of variances
- General commercial finance support to the Finance, Operations and Commercial departments
- Assisting with analysis of the performance and profitability of existing contracts and review of financial viability of new contracts/projects
- Support in the preparation of monthly flash profit forecasts
- Working with the Stanlow Management Accountant to provide inputs into monthly cash flow forecasts
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience
- Accounting/finance qualification preferred but not essential (study support available to the right candidate)
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred. Ideally previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production environment
- Detail and process orientated
- Some travel to other Group sites may be required
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control may also be considered for this role.