Financial Systems Team Leader - FTC
A leading role within a project to replace a financial management system, including procurement, implementation and testing of the system. This position will also oversee a small team tasked with delivering the project.
Our Client are a support provider to public sector organisations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the project to replace the financial management system, including procurement, implementation and testing of the system
- Developing and keeping under review a financial systems work plan containing objectives and timescales
- Providing a quality financial systems support service to internal clients within the business
- Ensuring the integrity of data within core financial systems
- Managing the systems development, operation and end user administration of all modules of the financial management system
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of other subsidiary finance systems, developing a strategy to rationalise and replace where necessary
- Supervising, managing and appraising junior members of the team
- Ensuring effective communications relating to the project, both within the team and across Finance
- Ensuring that Local Government Accounting Standards are followed with notes being prepared where appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent - candidates who are qualified by experience with relevant experience may also be considered)
- Have a very strong systems accounting background, ideally within a complex accounting environment
- Ideally have experience managing a small team, although this is not essential
- Ideally have some knowledge of Civica financials (or comparable system), although this is not essential
- Be available immediately or within one month
Our Client are offering the opportunity to join their organisation with a prompt start date. The role will be for a fixed six month duration, with the possibility of a further extension.