General Ledger Assistant Manager
The GAC Assistant Manager manages the monthly closing process in accordance with the Corporate Finance and Accounting schedule. He/she ensures that approved accounting activities are adhered to company finance and accounting policy and procedure, as well as US GAAP and Local GAAP. He/She ensures that the financial and operating reports are accurate and reflects the condition of the business.
1.Manages Monthly Accounting Cycle
- Ensures compliance to monthly accounting closing schedule.
- Ensures compliance to completion of reconciliation schedule.
- Implements process change required by company finance and accounting policy and procedure procedural changes.
2. Conducts Account Reconciliation Reviews
- Reviews reconciliations for compliance to company standards and to identify queries from other partners.
- Schedules periodic reviews with Supervisors and team to define expectations for improved account reconciliations quality.
- Communicates monthly reconciliation results to management team for review.
- Evaluates compliance with US GAAP and local statutory pronouncements.
3. Review Self Audits and Support internal/external Audits
- Review monthly account profiles to hold employees accountable for accuracy.
- Assist and coordinate internal/external audits to ensure completion.
- Review SOX and Self Audit findings to improve processes and ensure quality and efficiency compliance.
4. Manages GL Accounting Process Improvements
- Analyzes accounting processes to increase productivity, reduce costs.
- Reviews process improvement recommendations and communicate with partners for process change.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
5. Manages and Develops Others
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to migrate to streamline the GL process.
6. Any other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree holder of Bachelor in Accountancy
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience with finance and accounting field
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience with supervisory skills
- Analytical and keen to details and able to manage a team
- Can communicate in different levels of position and nationality
- Computer literate and with proficiency in Microsoft office operations
- Committed and dedicated to provide high quality output on a timely manner
- CPA/ACCA as preferred
- Good spoken English is a plus