PUBLIC FINANCE ANALYST
Tracking Code 2834–334 Job Description
Analyst will provide analytical and transaction support on municipal financings, assist in the development of proposals and presentations, and provide general support to the initiatives of the senior bankers. Analyst will be expected to work outside normal business hours – while maintaining a positive attitude, multi–task and meet strict time deadlines. A strong desire and ability to learn technical and business development skills is important. This particular position is in the firm's affordable housing group which is a specialty practice within public finance and would involve working in the multi–family housing real estate sector providing tax–exempt project financing strategies for private developers, non–profit organizations and governmental entities.
- Perform and complete multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Draft and prepare effective client pitch books and Requests for Proposals/Qualifications.
- Prepare memorandums describing financing ideas and opportunities.
- Research industry and market trends, running and analyzing data.
- Research municipal issuers, their financial condition, capital needs and revenue sources.
- Develop and analyze financial and debt models.
- Act as a point of contact for the finance team throughout the financing process.
- Support the internal processing of new issue financings.
- Work with senior team members to create marketing and sales materials.
- Prepare case studies on completed transactions.
- Attend client meetings with senior bankers (as requested).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEGEDE & SKILLS
- Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing priorities; work under stress created by time deadlines and work volume fluctuations.
- Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Works independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment; manages priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices a plus.
- Must be a self–starter, independent worker and able to multi–task.Must be available to regularly work long hours as–needed, beyond standard business hours.
- Completion of Series 50, 52 and 63 licenses will be required. Series 7 license may be required in future.
- Job may require travel and meetings beyond standard business hours.
A bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
Business Administration and/or Finance
0 to 2 years related experience
Real Estate experience helpful, particularly multi–family
LICENSES & CREDENTIALS
Completion of Series 50, 52 and 63 licenses
Series 7 license may be required in future
Job Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Position Type Full–Time/Regular