Entry Level Accountant
The Accountant I is an entry–level position responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Report to the Senior Accountant the finances of the organization.
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into the proper accounts.
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Financial Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
The Accountant I role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role, however some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
2. 1 year of experience in accounting field.