First Mile are the 9th fastest growing clean–tech company in Europe and one the UK's leading recycling businesses; recently voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017. We make recycling easy for businesses and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for maternity–cover (12–months) has become available within our Finance Team. You will support the day–to–day operations of the Finance department, manage monthly payroll and contribute to the completion of the annual financial statements. You will be involved in the production of monthly management accounts with variance analysis and commentary. You will also help the senior management team to use financial information to inform business strategy.
Assisting in the production of financial reports, such as monthly management accounts, providing commentary on results. Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations. Assisting decision making across the business with ad hoc financial analysis.
Accountable for the smooth operation of Payroll. Responsible for liaison with our outsourced payroll provider and internal HR team.
Working with the Financial Controller to complete the annual financial statements. Preparation of work–papers and liaison with the audit team.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- To be highly organized, able to work to tight deadlines and produce high–quality work with meticulous attention to detail
- To have advanced MS Excel experience
- Sage experience is preferable, however, experience of web based systems is an advantage
- The ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly. Using information, insights and knowledge in a structured way to identify options and make recommendations
- To be a part qualified Accountant from CIMA or ACCA
The salary will be up to GBP40,000 depending on experience.
Your holiday entitlement will be 33 days. There are also lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!