Financial Analyst NAFC Team FTC
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re–examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology – and each other to surpass these boundaries – we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Contribute to team effort and assist co–workers as needed to balance workloads
- Help to create a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork
- Maintain customer satisfaction by promptly following up on customers' requests for information.
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to the Team Leader.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Supervision of set–up of projects in Oracle and ongoing maintenance requirements
- Update & maintenance of project staff salary rates in Oracle
- Update existing project dates and tasks
- Maintain new project templates
- Re–class projects as necessary (WIP to Released or Division to Division)
- Ensure release dates are accurate and supported with documentation
- Preparation of NRV templates for customer review and analysis, with requested actions implemented on Oracle
- Supervision & review of monthly reconciliations of GL accounts (product development)
- Accounts payable project accruals &reversal of prior period accruals
- Inter company project transfers
- Amortization of prepaid maintenance to projects
- Assist with SOX testing
- Year end and mid–year reporting for product development
- Supplemental schedule
Candidates should be educated to degree level. Ideally candidates should be Part Qualified, working towards full accounting qualification.
Cost Accounting experience would be an advantage.