Staff Accountant - Hospitality
The Staff Accountant applies principles of accounting to prepare financial reports and to analyze financial information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Cash Management, performs detailed reconciliation for both cash accounts and intercompany loan accounts to ensure that both sides of each area balance on the accounting system. Determines cash needs for Single Business Units (SBU's) and for the company as a whole. Performs bank reconciliations and set up ACH for expenditures.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Designs and maintains pro formas for current and proposed contracts to determine pricing and profitability.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Community Health Solutions and the Premier Family of Companies
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi–task and work independently
- A minimum five (5) years of accounting experience.
- Hospitality Experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, ACCESS, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Experience in Quick Books and Great Plains also a plus.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha–numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.Company Description Community Health Solutions of America, Inc. (CHS) is a managed care organization headquartered in Clearwater, FL. We have significant experience delivering customized care management services to pediatric and adult populations. Our clients includes state governments, MCOs, hospitals, and universities. Our patient–centered, provider–driven programs, driven by our best–in–class care management software, are customizable and scalable – and our results speak for themselves. Since 2007, we have managed almost 700,000 member lives, outperforming competitors and improving health outcomes in the process.
CHS provides clinical care management services and ancillary support services including staff recruiting, program development, analytics, reporting, fulfillment processing, call center support, and claims processing. We take pride in our state–of–the–art care coordination software, ConsensusTM. After identifying gaps in existing software, ConsensusTM was created in 2009 and has been continuously refined with the input of clinicians, providers, and technology experts. ConsensusTM empowers CHS to manage patient populations in the most effective way possible – reducing costs, increasing quality, and improving outcomes. We have developed successful solutions for a variety of programs, ranging from small complex pediatric programs to large state Medicaid programs that encompass TANF, SSI, and Dual Eligible populations. Services provided vary from administering a comprehensive Primary Care Case Management program with over 200,000 members, to providing a la carte care coordination, software, third party administrator, and/or processing and fulfillment solutions to states and corporate entities.