US Tax Lawyer
Job title: US Tax Lawyer
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm
A leading US law firm is seeking a US qualified tax lawyer with post qualification experience to join its London office. Candidates should have experience of working in investment funds and/or mergers and acquisitions. The tax group may be seeking to hire more than one candidate to join its expanding team.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- reviewing, drafting, negotiating and commenting upon investment, acquisition and associated documentation from a tax perspective;
- advising on aspects and interpretation of US tax law;
- communicating and negotiating with US tax authorities;
- evaluating and assessing complicated tax issues;
- researching and analysing US tax laws; and
- understanding finance and accounting principles relating to transactional work.
The successful candidate will be expected to liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties and other advisers, including in connection with multi–jurisdictional transactions where they will be required to coordinate with local and overseas counsel and other specialist practise areas.
Applicants should have strong interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, be well organised and meet deadlines. Candidates should also be self–motivated and work well within teams.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Applicants must have:
- a strong academic record;
- a JD from a high–ranking US university;
- authorisation to practice in at least one US state;
- experience working in US tax aspects of investment funds and/or mergers and acquisitions;
- experience advising on the tax aspects of international transactions, complex structures and issues; and
- post qualification experience in a top US law firm or equivalent.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role to Joshua Smith at .
Date posted: 12 January 2018
Closing date: 9 February 2018