Healthcare Business Analyst - MMIS - Medicaid Business Analyst
I am looking for MMIS Medicaid Business Analyst.
Client: Department of Health and Human Services
Location: COLUMBIA, South Carolina
Start Date: 2/13/2018
Duration: 12 months
Objectives to Be Fulfilled by Candidate:
The principal duties of this position are to evaluating agency needs, as–is and to–be business processes, and technical designs for small to medium projects to provide analysis and advice on strategies for information technology solutions and non–technical solutions. The BA will provide detailed analysis and document business processes and requirements based on the requirements management process.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a liaison between the business programs community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses intermediate experience in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Assists to negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Requirements development execution, including the elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
- Documenting and analyzing agency business processes and recommending improvements.
- Documenting and analyzing data requirements and relationships.
- Participating in the requirements management processes, including change control, version control, tracking and status reporting, and traceability.
- Providing requirements interpretation and guidance to technical and test teams.
- Proactively identifying risks, issues, and action items leading to possible solutions.
- Interacting with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, State and Federal government agencies, State providers and beneficiaries, and other stakeholders).
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
- Research business rules, requirements, and models.
- Maintain business rules, requirements, and models in a repository.
- Other project–related duties.
- 3years' experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
- 3years' experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes
- 3 years Medicaid or healthcare experience
- Written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases. Very Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Experience and ability to obtain business processes and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents.
- Knowledge of formal business process documentation.
- Understanding of business modeling techniques, including the use of graphical process flow software
- Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, line management, project management, and team members.
- General Subject Matter Expertise as it relates to Medicaid or other healthcare insurance experience (project or operations)
- MMIS experience (project or operations)
- Microsoft Office Project/Project Server
InterBase CorporationCompany Description This hiring is for SC Department of Health and Human Services for their MMIS Medicaid replacement project