Business Analyst - Marketing
Travel Leaders Group has an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst in Marketing. The Business Systems Analyst will serve in a solutions–oriented role in a cross–functional capacity in the planning, build, and delivery of PDG programs, marketing data flow, web/online, digital and MAP ( Marketo, SFDC & CRM systems).
Business Analyst in the Marketing team will partner with multiple stakeholders in brainstorming, designing, planning, documenting, building, and launching demand generation programs in an agile environment.
Business Analyst will always ensure that the business needs are understood and technical implications are conveyed in a manner that business users can understand and technical team can do the development.
Under minimal supervision, the Business Analyst will be responsible to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operations/process issues/improvements to accomplish business objectives.
This is a hands–on role, and the analyst will work with business users to pro–actively identify and define enhancements to existing business systems and processes, develop business cases for new developments, understand business requirements and prepare functional specifications, user stories, and technical specification documents, participate in UAT, and produce associated documentation to assist training and maintenance of the applications.
The ideal candidate should be creative, enthusiastic, self–motivated, committed to making visible contributions, quick to learn our business needs and with a strong desire to standardize processes in a business undergoing a transformational phase.
- Perform analysis of stated needs and transform those needs into opportunities for future application and operational enhancements.
- Develop relationships with key business sponsors and ensure the process of requirement gathering is clearly understood and well communicated.
- Analyze and document "as–is" and "to–be" scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions).
- Lead and run analysis planning sessions (sprint planning, sprint demos and scrum calls) with the development team and product stakeholders.
- Write Business requirements document, Functional requirement document, Technical design documents or specifications for the projects.
- Define and elaborate user stories with appropriate validation criteria and done definitions.
- Provides leadership, motivation, guidance, and management to Business Analyst staff and the development team.
- Directs the policies/procedures for business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Identify, allocate, and manage resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks and entire project delivery on schedule.
- Coach the team to initiate and present the right questions to gain insight into the business issues and needed resolutions.
- Manage the process and validate the quality of deliverables produced by the team.
- Ensure that stakeholder requirements are modeled into unambiguous software requirements using use cases, user stories, and other software design artifacts.
- Ensure that all requirements related documentation is consistent and of a high quality.
- Apply creative thinking to identify how technology can be applied to solve real business problems and achieve tangible business goals
- Review software designs against system requirements to ensure fidelity.
- Work closely with Product Managers, business end users and the technology team to help scope, define, test and implement system enhancements and new applications that support corporate strategy.
- Produce documentations for training and maintenance of the new or existing systems.
- Assist in development and/or review of software test plans and scenarios which are traceable to original requirements, to ensure successful delivery and acceptance of software systems.
- Help to analyze and solve day–to–day issues that occur within the products, escalating where necessary
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the business analysis area.
- 5 Years+ of Software Requirements Analysis experience over the full project lifecycle.
- A strong technical background and functional and process knowledge of many types of applications.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills, including document writing, diagrams, presentation, white boarding & workshop facilitation
- Experience of leading requirements elicitation workshops.
- Experience of working with Agile / Scrum methodologies (Certified Scrum Master preferred)
- Experience with web–based projects and a content management system are preferable.
- Experience in SEO/SEM and web analytics is preferred.
- Extensive experience in modeling software requirements using UML.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues while communicating appropriately with both technical and business experts
- Knowledge of web/internet protocols (HTTP,FTP), technologies & languages.(Java/J2EE, .NET,XML) and RDBMS concepts(ER diagrams etc)
- Ability to negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Able to interact at all levels, up to and including CEO,CIO and other C level executives within the organization
- Ability to think ahead, anticipating problems and risks.
- Demonstrate leadership and business competencies that include: conflict/issue resolution, analytical and organizational skills, multi–tasking, relationship building, and effective communications
- The proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in an evolving and best–practice embracing culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Working knowledge of other requirements trawling techniques like brainstorming, apprenticing, etc.
- Degree in Computer sciences or equivalent formal training.
- Experience of working in Travel Industry is a plus.
#ZRCompany Description As America's largest travel agency company, Travel Leaders Group delivers a high–touch, personal level of travel expertise to leisure and corporate clients through our more than 6,000 company–owned, franchised and affiliated travel agencies throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. The travel agencies that are part of Travel Leaders Group alone comprise over 30% of all agencies in North America.