Accounts Payable Administrator
Accounts Payable Administrator Round Rock, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY :
Position is responsible for the Accounts Payable process at one of the supported companies in Financial Shared Services. This processing requires system maintenance, vouchering of vendor invoicing and expense reports, invoice problem resolution and month end close. Customer Service is a high priority including daily interfaces with vendors and employees. Month end requirements include review/clean up of match and hold reports, journal entries for accruals, and account analysis of AP trial balance, vendor statements and uninvoiced receipts reports. Other duties as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Voucher vendor invoices and expense reports into the Oracle accounting system
- Ensure non–purchase order invoices have proper approvals by checking against a published delegation of authority document
- Respond promptly and tactfully to vendor, employee and other internal customer inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements to invoices vouched in system and request copies of any missing invoices
- Review Invoice hold reports, AP Trial Balance agings, uninvoiced receipts reports and unapproved invoice lists. Follow up with vendors, approvers and purchasing to remove exceptions from the above lists.
- Use lean principles and departmental collaboration to reduce cycle time and costs and increase throughput
- Interact with auditors, accountants and management as needed to provide information about the department and specific issues
- Additional projects or duties as required
This position is responsible for supporting one or more divisions as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor/Manager
Travel should be minimal but may be required, especially during new division startups or training sessions
This position will have interaction with many levels at vendor sites, internal users at Process Management from clerical staff to management, internal auditors and expense report users from many divisions
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS :
Position requires minimum of 1–2 years accounts payable experience. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and data entry skills are required in this role
High School diploma required
People skills: The successful candidate will have good customer service and communication skills
Computer skills: Oracle experience or knowledge of another large ERP system is a plus; Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and basic accounting skills also a plus.
Reference ID: 381525