Sleaford: Lincolnshire: – A large multi–site manufacturing business, with an international presence, has a current requirement for a site accountant to support the Finance Controller and Operational team.
Working at a highly profitable site, the team's purpose is to provide an effective management accounting service for the site, ensuring robust financial control, reliable performance measurement and proactive decision support for business improvement opportunities.
– Timely preparation, presentation and interpretation (commentary) of daily, weekly and monthly site accounting reports & KPI data with relevant comparisons to budget, forecast & standard. To ensure the financial integrity of the numbers through regular review of provisions and management of on–going site assets & liabilities.
– Set the material and labour standards through the budgeting process and ensure accurate product costings.
– Provide detailed analysis of factors affecting production variances, site overheads and other site costs, sharing this information to improve visibility and understanding, operating efficiency and to drive cost reductions.
– Attend relevant site meetings to communicate the site's financial results and ensure the financial impact of actions taken are understood by site managers.
– Support the Finance Manager by providing information and insight relevant to the routine forecasting and annual budgeting needs.
– Support business improvement initiatives to the site's operations and supply chain, including analysis & measurement of shop–floor performance.
– Support the site's cost reduction Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), coordinating project ideas for the site, evaluate financial implications and report achievements against plan.
– Represent the Site Finance team on cross–functional projects and to lead any nominated actions, and to update the team on progress and developments.
– Part Qualified Accountant, or Part Qualified (final stages) or QBE.
– Manufacturing costing background.
– Excellent numeracy and computer literacy skills (data input, Excel, Microsoft Word).
– Strong planning, interpersonal and diplomacy skills – motivated to give a responsive proactive service.
– Experience of preparing weekly and monthly accounts, meeting challenging deadlines.
– Excellent communication skills at all levels.
– Strong analytical ability and capable of high levels of accuracy.