Financial Analyst FTC
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re–examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment hat supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology – and each other to surpass these boundaries – we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson Finance Services: Pearson Finance Services (PFS) is a dedicated finance centre established in 2016 to support the Pearson finance structure across the globe. It's main remit is to produce reports and data to help our business partnering teams, giving insights and information needed to add real value to the business. PFS staff provide consistent and standardised metrics, unified global reporting and forward planning data to Finance Business Partners and Financial Controllers across the globe. The main scope of PFS includes general accounting, reporting, controlling, revenue and pricing.
Department: North America Business Partnering
This department provides financial support to Pearson Online & Blended Learning finance team. The role support the North America Schools Business.
- Review of monthly journal entries and backup to ensure correct amounts have been charged customers.
- Review of monthly invoicing and year to day break down of charges to ensure correct amount are billed to schools
- Work closely with School Financial Services team in North America to ensure monthly billing are completed on a timely and accurate manner
- Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations on monthly basis
- Request / review journal entry adjustments to ensure billing is correct for Schools.
- Preparation of Compensation files for teachers and administration staff on monthly basis.
- Supplementary reporting as requested by wider Pearson Finance team.
- Monthly Sox compliance testing review to ensure that appropriate level of assurance is obtained
- Ad hoc queries requested by Pearson Online & Blended Learning finance team.
- Working closely with Pearson Online & Blended Learning US local team, build good relationship with stakeholders (include peers, junior members and managers)
Please note this is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
- Prior experience of accounting operations, financial management and management accounting.
- Good communication skills and problem solving skills, committed and team player
- Excellent Excel skills, e.g. pivot tables, SUMIFs and vlookup's which will be tested at interview.
Desirable criteria :
- Ability to learn quickly and be flexible and adaptable to change management within processes and/or applications
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills; professional demeanour to maintain and enhance relationships
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work in a fast–paced environment.
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Part qualified accountant studying toward ACCA or CIMA.