Senior Financial Analyst (FTC)
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re–examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology – and each other to surpass these boundaries – we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Sr. Financial Analyst Team Lead supports Pearson's North America Finance function. The Belfast based team perform a range of Finance activities from month–end close, management accounting, supporting elements of the AR function as well as other Ad–hoc projects and tasks.
This individual will be joining a very active and dedicated team of professionals. We are looking for someone that is willing to take initiative, dive in head–first, and tackle the new and exciting challenges this current business environment has provided us.
- Team management responsibilities include objectives review, mentoring and coordination of the workflow of a team of 6.
- Support of the month end close process for various business units.
- Support budget and forecast of a certain line of business and interact with different stakeholders.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations with varying degrees of complexity.
- Prepare and review complex calculations for such items as bad debt, deferred revenue, and royalties.
- Prepare balance sheet and cash flow reporting on monthly basis.
- Prepare and review ad–hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and support business decisions.
- Request / process accruals /other adjustments (including review of month end postings for quality, identifying necessary material adjustments required and requesting necessary journal entries)
- Ensure all AR deliverables are performed.
- Ensure SOX control testing are performed timely and accurately.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet variance explanation for certain line of business.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree is preferred. Qualified/QBE accountant or someone in the final stages of completing their accountancy qualification.
- Experience of managing a team is preferred but consideration will be also be given to candidates who can demonstrate the competencies required to take the first step into team management.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and techniques.
- Proficiency with Excel is critical.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills.
- Detail oriented, team player and desire to learn is important.