Technical Product Assistant (Chemistry / Marketing/ Business Analyst)
Technical Product Assistant (Chemistry / Marketing/ Business Analyst) c26k–32k
Are you a chemist and want something out of the lab – want to be more business focused???? As a technical product assistant in the polymers field for a chemicals organisation you will apply your technical knowledge to assist product and business managers to assist in the technical support of products to clients. With a background in science and an understanding of the products you may be involved in issuing prices, liaise with R&D and production on new product developments and complaints, creating sales tools, analysing sales activity, providing cost information, data analysis and market research.
Full training given could suit a graduate with some sales or marketing experience and some experience in the lab, or a graduate looking for a role outside the lab where they can apply their technical skills who preferably has had laboratory experience in polymers or adhesives.
- To help grow the sales of coatings products through providing a responsive and accurate service to commercial teams on pricing and product information. This will involve collating and analysing all costing information and recommending prices within agreed limits set by the product manager.
- To analyse sales data, liaise with sales teams about planned activities in the field, competitor information, pricing, market trends, new customers and provide this data to the product manager.
- To carry out agreed/defined market research activities, such as market and competitor evaluation through internet research, analyse data and produce a set of recommendations.
- To write and produce appropriate sales tools from a clear brief and liaise with external agency on press releases and articles on specific products and stories. To attend customer visits with the sales team and collate case study information to help promote specific products.
- To work closely with and support the Business Manager on new product developments with R&D, providing clear inputs into Accolade detailing the needs and commercial justification for R&D projects. To help plan new product launches, ensuring the necessary literature and datasheets are in place in addition to sales tools, stocks and price lists.
- To liaise with production planning and plant management to ensure production scheduling reflects commercial sales requirements.
- To support the Business Manager as required and agreed, with issuing pricing, sales tools, complaint management and general product management including M3 administration.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to support the business activity, and to provide cover and support to other Assistant Product Managers as & when needed/agreed.
Some travel required
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a Business or Technical subject. (Chemistry / Materials).
- Must have Maths A level.
- Strong technical background and knowledge.
- Knowledge of polymers, or adhesives or coatings desirable
- Language skills desirable
- Must enjoy working with numbers and have excellent numeracy and analytical skills to be able to confidently handle price, margin and sales data.
- PC and internet proficient, with advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Desirable: Diploma or further qualification (e.g. Diploma in Marketing; MSc in Material Sci etc)
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson