A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Analyst to join one of the UK's leading providers of online learning. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful Business Analyst will earn a salary of circa GBP45,000 per annum plus a range of excellent benefits. This is a new and vital role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying changes to the company's product that will increase its value and efficiency.
The company has been one of the UK's leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.9 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, they achieved gold for the prestigious 'Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Their vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace their values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying changes to the company's product that will increase its value and efficiency. You will work closely with the UX and Development teams to review requirements and backlog items. Additional key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer's needs
- Lead and facilitate workshops and meetings to discover and document requirements
- Produce specifications based on requirements discovered present to the development teams
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Maintain a basic knowledge of software development
To be considered for the role of Business Analyst you must have demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities. The additional key knowledge, skills and experience are desirable:
- An understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Demonstrate commitment to keeping sensitive information confidential
- Business process modelling
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organisation
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non–technical addressees
- Requirements discovery
- Experience in software product development
- Exceptionally self–motivated and directed
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high–quality results
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team environment
In addition to an annual salary of circa GBP45,000 per annum, the successful Business Analyst will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ's (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes
Interested in the role of Business Analyst based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. The company are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.