Secured Funding Analyst
My client, a tier 1 Investment Bank, are looking to recruit a permanent Secured Funding Analyst to join the Collateral & Margin team.
The key roles of this team are to provide transactional support, act as a central point of contact and accountability for Trading and Operations, and to support all levels of business initiatives. Principal targets of the team are to develop and enhance T+0 control and focus, provide transparency to the front to back process as well as adding value to the Operational Support required by Trading. The team sits between the Counterparty Risk, Collateral Optimisation and Liquidity Trading desks, and also deals with the lifecycle management for some Portfolio Management and Corporate Loans structures.
They are looking for a high-quality candidate to join the team for the daily execution of the Secured Funding process in London. The role requires strong business knowledge, risk awareness and a control mindset to perform the necessary daily tasks in support of the business. This is a challenging role requiring the successful individual to both learn and adapt existing and new processes, as part of an evolving and growing team. The functions covered are diverse and offer the opportunity for a successful candidate to interact across a wide range of products and stakeholders. The role is challenging and requires strong analytical and investigation skills in a pressurised environment. This also presents an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation and play an active part in driving the long-term development of the function and business line.
* Daily Secured funding of internal derivatives books involved as source or user of collateral
* To operate as a central point of contact and escalation for trading and operations for daily trading issues
* Monitor control checks and resolve any queries by investigating any significant swings in the allocations
* Continually build knowledge and provide SME services across a range of business processes supported by the team
* Understand the Funding process behind the allocation
* Resolve any downstream issues - Treasury, Settlements, Netting
* Work with the Collateral Optimisation Team to understand the underlying allocation rules to better manage and control the process
* Develop the functionality within the tool to improve controls and improve efficiency
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
* Experience in a business facing function with knowledge of execution, control and risk
* Preferable experience in Liquidity Management, Treasury functions and rates products
* Direct experience of the OTC derivatives and securities margin products or collateral management functions would be a significant advantage.
* Credibility and influence in order to proactively manage diverse internal stakeholder groups
* Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship management, communication, teamwork and partnership
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders simultaneously
* Proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference