Compliance - Compliance Controls Testing Officer- AVP
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Deutsche Bank is one of the world's leading international financial services providers with over 100,000 employees in 73 countries. The operations of DB comprise the following business groups:
• Global Markets
• Corporate Investment Banking
• Private and Business Clients
• Asset Management
Deutsche Bank in APAC has nearly 18,000 employees across 16 financial markets.
The Compliance, L2 Compliance Controls Testing (CCT) AVP will be responsible for being the Compliance interface for all matters pertaining to the Bank's Compliance Controls Framework (CCF).
The primary objectives of the Controls testing AVP is to:
• Conduct effective, objective, risk-based controls testing in order to provide assurance that DB is in Compliance with regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures;
• Highlight real and potential regulatory deficiencies to DB stakeholders;
• Assist in reducing the risk of public or private regulatory censure or other sanctions against the Bank; and
• Identify and remedy any behavior or activity that may have a detrimental effect on the Bank's customers.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and success of this new discipline from the outset.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Collaboration with various Compliance stakeholders to ensure the implementation of adequate and effective controls testing programme for APAC that meet both BaFin and local regulatory requirements;
• Executing L2 controls testing programme and assisting desk reviews in Hong Kong, and providing support/guidance for desk reviews and at the non-hub offices; the opportunity for travel to other jurisdictions may be available
• Ensuring that all issues raised in CCT have adequate remediation plans that are tracked and escalated promptly and appropriately;
• Developing relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams and Infrastructure functions;
• Providing training, as required;
• Sharing best practice and learnings with CCT colleagues globally;
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of appropriate Management Information to inform Senior Management of pertinent matters, in line with global Deutsche Bank/Compliance/CCF/CCT standards;
• Liaising regularly with relevant businesses, Line of Business Compliance and other colleagues to remain abreast of developments as it pertains to CCF/CCT; ensuring stakeholders are aware of the likely impact on L2 controls testing programme and implementing changes where necessary; and
• Assisting in any ad-hoc projects and tasks as necessary.
Skills and qualification:
• A minimum of 6 years testing, Compliance, auditing or regulatory risk management/advisory experience within a financial institution, regulator and/or similar environment;
• Experience of global equities and corporate products is an advantage
• Educated to degree standard - relevant professional qualifications a plus (e.g. CPA, CFA);
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
• An ability to influence and communicate clearly and effectively on regulatory matters to key stakeholders at all levels in a variety of media;
• Strong collaborative team player receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism;
• Good knowledge of banking and securities laws, regulations, directives and regulatory expectations;
• The drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy;
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
• The ability to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo;
• Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity; and
• Sound judgment, alongside strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize effectively.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.