Regional Business Risk Manager APAC FLOD Office, Vice President
The APAC FLOD Office is comprised of a multi-jurisdictional team that plays a key role within State Street's Risk Excellence program, and is responsible for advising and setting standards in best practices in risk compliance, establishing a robust internal control environment and promoting operational consistency within business groups and support functions, transformation efforts and implementation of initiatives that are aligned to the global First Line of Defense Program, across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
To ensure best practices and operational consistency, the FLOD Office will partner with business groups across the region including Global Services, Global Markets, Investment Manager and support functions, and other internal teams such as Compliance and Risk Management to lead change, and support the organisation's best in class risk management framework.
As part of the APAC FLOD Office, the role of the Regional Business Risk Manager is varied and will consist of leading regional risk implementation initiatives associated with the First Line of Defense Program including the coordination and ongoing development of the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program, a point of reference for business management in risk related matters, identification of operational risks requiring targeted assessments and leading risk related workshops and education sessions. An essential part of the role will be the ability to communicate, project manage, present, coordinate and report on these key initiatives. Strong skills and experience in these areas are required. As Regional Business Risk Manager you will be exposed to a broad range of risk related initiatives and will play a key role in the execution of these programs and the driving of best practices across multiple businesses and jurisdictions in the region. This position will interact with all levels of management. Candidate must be an effective communicator possessing both excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Lead and manage the RCSA Program - coordination and management of business workshops including all relevant stakeholders from first and second line of defense.
- Review, challenge and substantiate risk and control ratings through interactive RCSA workshops with representation form the three lines of defense.
- Partner with ERM and Compliance and business partners to develop and drive implementation of RCSA program strategies
- Documentation and presentation of RCSA workshops (local and regional) to business management for approval
- Facilitate and executive risk reviews and risk deep dives with line of business leaders as applicable to drive open discussion of issues.
- Participate in development of new process maps or updates/annual recertification's to support periodic confirmation of adequacy of scope and content of business Risk and Control Self-Assessments
- Provide RCSA Procedures and Phoenix system subject matter expertise as advisor to the Business Architecture and Controls team regarding business risk issues and recommend targeted controls testing schedule
- Develop positive working relationships with business partners to maintain an open environment for collaboration, risk identification, and issue solving/resolution
- Provide ongoing recommendations for improvements by incorporating emerging, key business risks
- Partner with colleagues to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment
- Lead, or participate in, other business risk related initiatives across the region
- Perform periodic staff performance reviews and creatively collaborate on development plans
- Coordinate and lead first line of defense operational risk activities across appropriate business units.
- Facilitate training workshops across businesses within the region, where applicable
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of Operational Risk management with previous experience in Business Risk Management or Enterprise Risk Management
- 10+ years in financial services industry required
- Possesses a focus on risk excellence, with proven risk evaluation, mitigation and management skills
- Experience in people management
- Experience in championing change management and program development and implementation
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes and controls
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and collaborate with business and functional experts to provide RCSA guidance and to recognize risks, control gaps and design enhancements
- Embraces State Street's “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and other internal groups
- Self-motivated and confident decision-maker with the ability to demonstrate leadership, challenging and influencing change where necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and create a unified vision
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Expertise with the Phoenix Operational Risk Management system preferred