Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values–led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Build brands consumers love
Build platforms customers love
Build a company talent loves
A lot about you
The Staff Accountant will be a key team member of the Revenue Share affiliate finance team. This team is a unique team that supports Partner Management teams across all regions where Oath conducts business including U.S., Canada, Latin America, EMEA and APAC. Revenue Share team members are on the cutting edge of Oath technology supporting ad products and affiliate partner sites through reporting, analysis, calculations, process innovation and a drive for product expertise to support revenue growth internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will work closely with internal Partner Managers and Business Development professionals, review affiliate contracts, collaborate with forecasting teams, ensure accurate calculations and payments, and help drive consistent global processes related to external partners who help drive traffic to Oath properties.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of interpersonal skills and accounting acumen. This will allow for outstanding service to our third party partners and our internal Partner Management team. Yahoo is consistently creating innovative products, and Revenue Share team members must become experts in these products in order to support the contracts and business growth from our existing and new affiliates. This expertise is utilized through contract reviews, collaboration with forecasting teams, creating and maintaining accurate revenue share calculations, and driving globally consistent processes to create a best–in–class environment.
- Collaborate with Business Development and support new contracts for third–party partners
- Review and analyze global contracts, identify non–standard terms and setup contracts in Yahoo systems based on executed agreements
- Perform spreadsheet–based partner revenue share calculations for accrual and payment purposes
- Read, interpret and extract financial terms in partner contracts
- Work closely with finance and sales teams to ensure partner revenue share is calculated and recorded in–line with contract terms
- Perform detailed aging review and ensure all prior–period variances are reconciled
- Fulfill external audit and SOX compliance requests
- Streamline processes, leverage systems and identify further process automation opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent work experience)
- 1–3 years accounting experience
- Possess knowledge and understanding of accrual accounting
- Analytical and highly organized individual who can work independently
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge including pivots, vlookup, subtotal and similar features
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally
- Well disciplined with proven ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Public accounting/auditing experience a plus
- Oracle Financials experience a plus